Austin Knudsen is the firm’s founder and owner, and is a native of the Bainville and Culbertson area of northeast Montana. Austin is a graduate of Culbertson High School, and received his undergraduate degrees at Montana State University. He received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Montana School of Law. He has been practicing law in northeast Montana since 2008. Austin has broad experience in diverse areas of law, such as:
- Civil litigation (products liability, wrongful death)
- Property law (agriculture, quiet title actions, title research, real estate transactions)
- Oil and gas (leasing, surface owner issues, experience before the Montana Board of Oil and Gas Conservation)
- Criminal defense (DUI, misdemeanors)
- Estate planning (wills and trusts)
When he is not practicing law, Austin also serves in the Montana Legislature as the Representative for northeast Montana in the Montana House of Representatives, where he has served the people of Daniels, Sheridan, Roosevelt, Valley and Richland counties since 2010. In 2015, Austin was elected Speaker of the Montana House of Representatives.